1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount plow, stuck up and left

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by raMpLOW, Mar 7, 2014.

1. raMpLOW

raMpLOW Junior Member
    from 60638

I have a unimount pro series plow. That is stuck up and left! I have changes already the harness for the plow and truck side harness well as the 3 coils on the plow! And still nothing is working if someone can please tell me what's wrong with this thing before I just take to the scrapper! Thank You for your time

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Assuming that the pump motor is turning when u hit up, left or right, it sounds like u have multiple valve problems. If S3 was stuck open and S1 was not opening it would do what u describe. Since u have replaced all the wiring and coils that leaves only controller and valves. If u have access to a different controller that's an easy test. Just plug it in and try it, if that doesn't work u know its valves. S1 and S3 are the two outside valves. Pull the coils off and then pull them like spark plugs. Just make sure u have a jack under to relieve the pressure (if it is stuck up) or it will drop when u pull S1.

3. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

I can speak from experience with a bad controller. I thought for sure I had other problems, but the controller ended up being bad. You can also directly power the controller with 12v and use a test light to see if it is functioning correctly.

Good luck.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

U can test the controller on non-multiplex models but it's not simple. U need to b sure u don't put power and or ground to the wrong pins or u can toast it. And u need to know what output to expect. Just plugging in a different controller is easier if u have one.

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

My money is on the controller! Check that first.