1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount plow stalls engine

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by HLS Wholesale, Feb 24, 2007.

1. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

I have a Unimount plow on a 1998 Chevy 2500 with 350 V-8 gas engine. About a month ago it began to stall out the engine every time I try to use it. I hooked up another Unimount plow that I know has NO problems. It does the same thing. Anybody have any idea what is the problem here? I also tried a new relay, no change.

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Check the voltage on the battery. Should be between 13-14 votls. Check the alternator too, should be in the 14 range as well. It may be poorly grounded, so check wires and see if the terminals are tight on the batterty

3. HLS Wholesale

HLS Wholesale Senior Member

I am sorry I forgot to say I installed a new battery and alternator. Grounds are good. Thanks.

4. Grondo

Grondo Junior Member

stalling

i had a 2003 chevy 2500hd 6.0 V8 with a boss 8.6 straight blade it also did that after putting in a new battery and alternator it still stalled. I took it in to two chevy dealers and neither one had a answer for me. After almost a grand i sold the truck. Does your truck only stall with the headlights on? that was the only time mine did

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You said that your grounds are good but exactly which ones/how many did you check? Later model trucks actually have many grounding points on them and they all need to have a good connection,not just the one at the battery. Also, did you replace the battery and alternator in an attenpt to fix this problem or did this problem start AFTER your changed them?