1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount plow question.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by puffer, Dec 8, 2008.

1. puffer

puffer Junior Member

Ok,im going to try to explain this since i cant figure out how to post pic. On a unimount setup there are 2 pins about 6-8" long that have springs on them,they move side to side and they have the shackles that attach to the pump/ lights setup. What are these springs for?They seem to have no valid use?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

3. puffer

puffer Junior Member

Ok i get it. Mine appears to be installed incorrectly. I will have to pull the spring and get it set up properly.Thanks

4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

they put pressure on the paddle that locks the lights in the upright position. that way when unmounting you can just push up on the headlight frame and it will disengage both of them simultaniously.

5. cj5

cj5 Junior Member

Does that really work?

I usually have to whack one link arm with a hammer to get it off, although the other will
    pop off easily. I bought this plow used and have wondered if maybe the hard to remove
    link arm is just bent enough that it doesn't pop off easily.

Paul

6. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

MIne must have been wrong then for 10 years as they have pressure the opposite way. The push to KEEP the pressure towards the upright so that if you were to loose a pini they do not vibrate and let the lights fall forward.