1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount plow light problem, Help Please

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lincoln007, Nov 19, 2015.

1. lincoln007

lincoln007 Junior Member

Hey all! I am hoping one of you may have some advise for me? So I decided I would like to see where I am going this winter and upgraded the lights on my unimount. I went with the Buyers lights (1311100) after reading on here others had done this. All the posts say you can splice wires in to existing harness ( 2 plug 9 pin). I mounted the lights and spliced them in, the parking, turn and dims work fine however when brights are turned on they are really dim and the dim lights don't go completely off. I replaced both relays and ensured old lights were working properly before installing new. Thanks in advance for any help!
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try switching the ground wire at the lights. Not sure if the new lights came with a wiring diagram, but sounds to me like there not properly grounded
  3. lincoln007

lincoln007 Junior Member

Will check, thanks. Would a bad ground only effect the hi beams? Also forgot to mention with the low beams on the dash light for hi beams is slightly illuminated maybe this will help/
  4. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

yes it will. make sure all connections are clean.