1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Pics before and after

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jsc824, Jul 28, 2011.

1. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

Here is the 7 1/2 Western Unimount Pro I recently restored. I bought this last year for $650 complete and installed it myself. This is my first plow and have learned a lot from this site. I got a lot of help with the install here as well as trouble shooting problems.

The first pic. is how it looked when I bought it. The second is the restore. I thought it was only right to bring it back to original, or as close to original red.

All said and done, cost me about $100 to restore it.

truck before.jpg

plow restored.JPG

2. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Nicely Done, now just need some snow.

3. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

You did a great job on this unit.

4. highmark923

highmark923 Member

Very nice!

5. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

Very nice! Mine is getting done soon too. Do you mind telling me where you got the paint and decals?

6. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

The paint is Rustoleum Safety Red with a hardener added which I got a Lowes. For the decals, I just emailed Western and told them what I was doing and they sent me a set free of charge. I went through about a quart and a 1/4 of paint. I rolled on 3 or 4 coats on each side.

7. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

Amazing what a difference it makes.

8. pmrcco

pmrcco Junior Member

Yeah good work there, I'm redoing an old western that I'm installing on a skidsteer.

Where did you get the hardener for the rustoleum?

9. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

I got the hardener at tractor supply.