1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount only turns right

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gridesnik, Nov 14, 2011.

1. gridesnik

gridesnik Junior Member
    from ohio

hey guys been working on a newly acquired used western pro its an older unimount 60381. Trying to make sure it works before I go welding on my truck only problem is when ever I hit a button it only goes right. I have checked the s3 valve for magnetism which it has, and even pulled it out to make sure it was not stuck. Applied 12v to it when it was out and everything inside functioned properly. Next I checked the controller only thing I found wrong with that was there was no power at the lower button. I dont know if this could be shorting out the controller, I would guess not since which ever other direction I hit on the controller it put power to the right pins. Any other ideas of places to check or other tests to to would be greatly appreciated. I am going to be mounting it on a 2001 gmc 2500 hd with some creative wiring later on. On a side not when testing it I have just been hooking it up to a battery not in a vehicle so I was wondering if I needed a frame gound at all, I hooked it up the the truck once to make sure I didnt need a frame ground from the battery and same results.

2. gridesnik

gridesnik Junior Member
    from ohio

found it, bad connection in the plug. getting closer now to getting it hooked up. Anyone have any suggestions on hooking up the head lights to this wiring harness. From what ive heard they changed the plugs on the 2001 from the previous year so I am guessing my lights will not work.