1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount on/off

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by standingdead, Dec 2, 2011.

1. standingdead

standingdead Junior Member
    from 83452

Hello,all..first post.trying to sell an old unimount straight.The mounting sticker on the back is gone and I can't say iv'e ever had an easy time getting that thing on or off the truck.Selling as a package,just want to look smooth.Thanks so much.

2. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

So you just want to be able to take it on and off in front of potential buyers?

3. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

4. standingdead

from 83452

I see.i havnt got the center foot.i park over a pallet and move the plow with a bar.it is good to see the sequence though. Thanks

5. standingdead

from 83452

Just don't want to repeat any mistakes

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Use a floor jack. I've had countless Unimounts and have never used the foot. Literally more than I could imagine counting. A floor jack and greasy pins makes life with a Unimount so simple. Give me a Uni vs a POS Ultra any day.

7. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

I leave my Uni on some 4x4's and use a large pipe to raise it enough get the pin in. It is a quick system.

8. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Best thing Ive found to keep it simple is to make sure your on level ground

9. randomb0b123

from america

i did all mine the same exact way h20 said. i dont think you can beat that method

10. hummer81

hummer81 Member
    from MN

I agree floor jack and a bar to tweak and it a it your hooked in a minute. You shouldnt have to sell your plow based on how you hook your unimount. just hook it up before the buyer shows upThumbs Up

11. standingdead

from 83452

thanks for all the replies..yeh the plow is mounted and will be...but if they ask how,and the sticker is gone,just want to be knowledgable.the video did help,Ididnt ever take the blade off 'cept for summer so didn't aways get sequence right.A floor jack is a great idea,should have had it myself.

12. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

A floor jack is all we ever used here as well.

13. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Your not kidding, the ultra mount is supposed to be the easiest...gives me problems everytime i take it on or off.

14. randomb0b123

from america

screw ultramounts more things to go wrong and light towers that rot out. unimount is the way to go i dont think it can get much simpler