1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount on f350 2wd?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cutbetterthanyo, Sep 25, 2011.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

Can a unimount be put on a 2004 srw gas f350? It is a standard cab service body. If so are the 2wd and 4wd mounts the same? What size would you recomend.
    I was thinking 7.5 or 8

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

have a look for yourself... Here is a link to quick match http://quickmatch.westernplows.com/vehinfo.asp Just fill in the details of your truck and then you will see the list of what it recommends. Of course quick match deals with the new ultra mount only but the weights are the same so this is a good guideline. They don't list the 2wheel drive at all, only the four, so I can't tell you if they are the same mounts. Certainly the 7.5 or 8' pro plow would work well on that truck. Since it is a gas engine the front end weight is usually pretty good, the diesels are so much heavier they tend to be limited.

3. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

Thank for the link i am kindof stuck on a unimount. I am not in a big snow area. The nearest dealer is about a hour away. I currently have a 8 foot unimount on my duramax. I was thinking of getting the f350 at least wired up with a moun, maybe a extra plow too. More less a backup plan in case my other truck breaks down.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The link to quick match was just to give you an idea of what size plow your F350 will take. The trick you are going to have to deal with is finding the mount for your truck. Obviously your are buying used if you are going with another unimount so if you have the chance to buy a plow with the mount off another 04 F350 you will have less problems. Electrical harnesses are still available but the truck side mounts are not made any more.