1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount on 2006 Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cdorsey50stang, Aug 27, 2015.

1. cdorsey50stang

cdorsey50stang Junior Member

I am wondering if anyone has experience putting an older Unimount truck mount onto a 2003 or newer Dodge. I have a Western 7.5 plow that is old but works very well so I don't want to sell it. They stopped making Unimount stuff in early 2000's. The last truck I had the plow on was a 2001 Chevy and I made the mount completely from scratch.

There is a Unimount mount in my area for 1998 to 2002 Dodge (cheap), I just wondered how close it would be to fitting the newer 2003 to 2007 truck? The Dodge mount is much more complicated than the Chevy so I don't think I want to make a complete new one. Modifying the used mount is not a problem though. I refuse to pay 500 plus dollars for a mount that had about $50 worth of steel in it.
  2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I had a uni on my 2000 2500 and the frame on that truck compared to my 06 is quite a bit different. Other than possibly reusing the front plate that the plow pins to, everything else will have to be fabricated.