1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount on 05 2500HD wiring ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by djagusch, Dec 2, 2010.

1. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I purchased a 8ft Unimount w/9pin lights with a mount (3525). It came off an 2002 Chev. Didn't get the truck side wiring.

Putting it on a 2005 Chev 2500HD

What I got from the western site is that I need Wiring harness 64077 for the truck side and different headlights white 12pin (64078).

I got a lead on a used 64077 harness but owner states that is was for only 2003/ early 2004 models and then for 2005 it goes back to the 9 pin lights. Any truth to that? I don't believe it but might as well ask.

RIght now I'm going to wiring the headlights to a toogle switch and tap the park/turn lamps for the time being.

Is there any other wiring option besides the 12pin (with Part Numbers please) as I think the 12 pin is not very common and limits finding used parts? Ultra mount wiring?

Thanks for the info.
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

No you need the 12 (or was it 11???)
    Sorry, too cold to go out and look at my truck.
    It's for the headlights.
    The last unimount I rehabbed had a 9 pin.
    Still plugged into mine and all functions worked fine, the difference was low beam only for headlights, no high.
  3. areelice

areelice Junior Member

I have an 02 that I have the 12 pin and need the 9 pin. I think anyway. Plow came off like an 05 and wiring isnt working for me. want to trade?
  4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

You need to use the 12 pin 64077/64078 relay system kit's for it to function properly. There is really no easy way around that one.

Or you could step up to the 3 or 4 port ISO module system , but the cost will probably outweigh just staying with the relay system.

Sorry for the bad news