1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount not working...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Madigan Ind., Nov 23, 2009.

1. Madigan Ind.

Madigan Ind. Junior Member

I would appreciate any ideas anyone has for why this might not be working.

I just got another used western unimount for another truck I put on the road.

I wired the truck up but when I hook it up to the plow the plow just makes a tick noise whenever I move the joy stick. Why would this be?

Wired wrong?

Not enough power?

Something wrong with the plow motor?

Any ideas would be great.

BTW the sight is great and was very helpful in locating someone with the exact parts I need. Keep up the good work everyone.
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Wired wrong
    bad soliniod
  3. Madigan Ind.

I forgot to mention that the plow motor is not running at all
  4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

had the same problem last week. Popped the motor off, took it to the rebuilder, tested it, rebuilt it, and reinstalled in 3 hours $80.00 :blush2:
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Run a set of jumper cables from the battery directly to the motor. If the motor runs then you have a poor connection or it's wired incorrectly.

If it doesn't run, you have a motor problem. Likely internal corrosion/stuck brushes.
  6. mkbl2

mkbl2 Junior Member

1. Jump the motor and see if it runs...if not replace it
    2. Check main connections at battery for tightness
    3. Check connections on Solenoid
    4. Replace the Solenoid...if 1-3 does nothing
    5. Check plow-to-truck plugs for corrosion or damaged pin inside plug
    6. The wiring may be wrong somewhere...recheck diagram
  7. Madigan Ind.

Thanks for all the help guys. I tried it with the jumper cables and sure enough the motor is running. The problem turned out to be to much battery corrosion. The motor was getting enough power that there was still a visible spark but not enough to actually run it.

Thanks again for the help