1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount not raising help!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by S-10 Plower, Mar 15, 2006.

1. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

Ok,
    Bought a truck and it had a 7.5' unimount pro plow on it the guy I bought it from said it worked great when he last used it in December 05. the plow had been put in the bed of the truck for storage so I took him on his word.
    Now the problem:
    Plow will not raise angle left or right and I don't know about going down cause I can get it up.
    in the back of the manual it said to check the relay did that and installed a new one, solenoid controller test did that its ok, the coil cartridge test showed it the 2 way coil and cartridge were bad, replaced those,
    the pump shaft rotation is loose he book said if it was loose to replace the motor did that. also replaced the head light relays they were corroded bad, and spliced in a new 9 pin harness on both the truck and plow side. lights still don't work and neither dose the plow I'm tired of trying to fix by looking at the book anyone have an idea of what IT MAY BE I've spent 300.00+ on the plow already and nothing yet please help.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

well tell us what it is or isnt doing, is the solenoid clicking, is the pump running when you try do do anything, is the controller light on, does the controller have power to it, did you check all the fuses? let us know.

3. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

ok the controller has power and the red light is on so the 10 amp fuse is good, will get more info for you.