1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount not holding angle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ManorD24, Jan 20, 2009.

1. ManorD24

ManorD24 Member

I'm having a problem with my unimount not holding its position. The problem started with it not angling after hitting a snow mound. I was able to trace that back to the electrical plug. During all this i also changed the fluid. But i'm still having a problem with the blade not holding its position. I can move the blade by pulling on it. I'm looking for any suggestions as to where to start next. Thanks for the help.
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

poppet spring is broken in the pa block. possible valve stuck partly shifted.
  3. ManorD24

ManorD24 Member

Thanks, any easy way to tell which or should i just replace them all?
    Also will i need to drain and refill the fluid again when i pull it off?
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Dont go replacing everything yet. Start by checking the S2 and S3 valves for being stuck or not shifting, than check the o-rings on the cross over relief valves and the spring in the poppet. No you wont have to do a flush and fill unless you find debris contamination someplace but you will have to top off the fluid because you will lose a little.