1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jersey Joe, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Junior Member
    from NJ

I am new to plows and I'm putting one on my 91 Toyota. Looking at the Western Unimount parts diagram I don't see any nuts listed? Do all of these listed bolts screw directly into the truck frame? I wanted to get new hardware so I was going to bye all pieces that are listed for 92 and earlier or 89 and later. TIA.

joe

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

should be nuts and bolts. maybe a steel nut bar here or there.

3. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Junior Member
    from NJ

That's what I thought but it's kinda odd that they would leave it off of the detailed diagram and parts list :confused:

4. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Junior Member
    from NJ

5. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

4. Using weld nuts in vehicle frame...varies with model year.

Are there nuts inside the frame in these loacations from the factory? Are you supposed to weld nuts in while the frame is open? I am not a Toyota guy so I don't know, just thinking out loud.

Chad

6. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Junior Member
    from NJ

I'll find out Saturday I guess. That's when I'll have both trucks side by side doing the swap.

7. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Junior Member
    from NJ

Well the plow is mounted. The frame IS threaded. We jacked it up and hung it up by the chain. We were going to do all the wiring back at my house. We put a new solenoid I bought at an auto parts store, hooked it up, and it actually worked. Up, down, left, right. We then tried to hook up the light harness. Well, that didn't go so well. The connectors to the three relays seem to be very corroded. I'm going to bye three new relays and put new connectors on the wires and see if that helps. Here's my real problem though. Now the plow will not go down. It goes up and side to side fine. Could anything on the light side of the harness effect the plow side? Could it be the joystick? Any help would be appreciated. Also, is it bad for the plow to be "stuck" in the up position?