1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount mvp wings leaking back

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by POWERSTROKE 350, Dec 21, 2009.

POWERSTROKE 350 Junior Member

plowed sunday and everything seemed ok. havent taken the plow off the truck yet and was driving tonight with the blade angled and kept noticing the wing kept drifting back. got home angled it up and got out the truck and tugged on the wing. it would go back a little stop, go back some more, almost as it it had a slow leak or air was bleeding out. checked the other wing and same deal. havent had time to check all my connections, but i havent seen any fluid on the ground. also havent checked the fluid level yet to see if it may be low, was fine in the fall when i got it all ready though. any advice would be appreciated. maybe i just need to adjust a valve, but dont know which one. thanks again

2. basa galva

basa galva Junior Member

if your oil level is ok in vee position with lift cylinder all the way down try going thru all plow operations multiple times to get the air out.if that doesnt help inspect and adjust pressure relieve valves located behind the plastic cover under the motor http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/21857_061503_web.pdf (page 63) . if those are ok inspect
    p/o check valves (page 64) if those are ok then your angle cylinders are bad and leaking internaly.pull out your valet and get 2 new cylinders.they are about $275 a piece.Or if you not in hurry get a rebuild kit from western and rebuild them yourself or just take them into any hydraulic shop and have them to rebuild it.it will save you a alot of money.Hope this was helpful. if you have more questions u can e mail me at doncysdon@hotmail.com i will be glad to share my experience in owning a unimount mvp.Don
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

when you tug on the grill connector, did it go back, or stop??

Possible air in the system

Coil not activating properly

Here is some info you might want to check

unimount mechguide.jpg

When was the last time you did a fluid change?

You also might want to check out the filter or the reservoir for any contamination.

unimount mechguide.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010