1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount MVP plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Slate, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Slate

Slate Member

I have a Unimount MVP Plus plow. I got my truck back and hooked up the plow. It was slow to move in general (raising and moving wings). The wings didn't really want to extend all the way. I had this problem before and it was low fluid. I added more fluid and it seemed to help.

My problem is when I finally stopped moving and got out of the truck, The driver side angle ram was leaking on the plow mounted side where the chrome cylinder moves in and out. I read that it has a seal inside it.

Money aside, would it be easier to replace the ram or just replace the seal? There is some pitting on the ram itself from sitting so long before I installed it on my truck. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

replace the ram. the piston cold be rusted, scratched, or dented allowing the fluid to escape
    as you said theres some pitting, so that's letting fluid out and scratching up the seals