1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount MVP need answers

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by aladdinta, Jan 8, 2009.

1. aladdinta

aladdinta Junior Member

I just bought a unimount MVP 8'6" V, it has no wiring harness, no mount and the controller is still unknow. I have been looking for information on this unit. It has a 12 pin connector on the plow assembly, which wiring harness do I need? I am guessing it depends on the truck. I have a 2001 F250 crew cab with a powerstroke, the distributor told me that western didnt recommend putting it on this truck, however he then told me it would work okay, he had seen it done in the past. I also need info on the mount, I am thinking I have to but a ultrmount with a unimount adaptor, is this correct? Any part # or places to get a good price for this would be helpful as well. I have 2 trucks with straightblades, this is my first V. The guy I bought it from hit something hard and bend the left wing at the bottom, I have it apart and think it can be straightend.I also understand the only control is the handheld, im guessing the 9 button one.

Thanks

2. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

MVP Uni

I had the same plow on my 1999 Chevy 2500. It worked great!! There should be no problem putting that plow on that truck. Keep watching e-bay for a used mount. You can probably find a used one for a couple hundred dollars, rather than the ultra/ uni adapter $$$$$. Controller you need is western part number 96600. You can find them for approx. $150- $175.(new/used) Good Luck!!

Matt

2006 F-150 5.4 7 1/2 Western Midweight Poly

3. aladdinta

aladdinta Junior Member

Thanks for info

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You can still find the mount you need for the F250 SD in the unimount, Part number 62660. As for the harness, need a 61591 headlight cross harness and i cant even remember the main harness number right now (B&B, No Lead, help me out here).

Hey Matt, hows the blade working on the truck, any problems?

5. aladdinta

aladdinta Junior Member

Okay, what about the isolation relay stuff? I assume the power harness is simple.... just 2 wires run through solonoid correct? I found a controller on ebay part # 96600, its new for 179.00 if its right ?I should probably jump on it. When you get the wiring harness does it have a wiring diagram for specific truck?

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If B&B or Basher dont get you an answer yet tonight, Il' get you one tomorrow. Right now my head hurts and I'm tired and I'm heading to bed.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Main control harness is 66610. Crash has you the head light plug in harness p/n for your specific truck already if it has the HB5 composite lights. If it actually has the 2B sealed beams then you need plug in harness p/n 61546 . Then you just need the solenoid and the power cables...and of course a controller.

As to the controller you found, 9660 is a hand controller for an MVP plus...which isn't correct for your plow. You need either 96462 (hand held) or 96369 (joy stick).

8. aladdinta

aladdinta Junior Member

Thanks a bunch, the headlights you are talking about are you talking about the truck or the plow assembly? I was told they didnt make a joystick for this plow, which is what I would rather have. Keep feeding me info I am trying to get all this figured out.

Thanks Again

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The truck light type is what you need to get the correct plug in harness for...plow lights don't matter. And yes they most certainly do have a joy stick for the MVP's..just not alot of guys prefer them so you don't find a great deal of them.

But we like to give all options. :waving:

10. Rumble

Rumble Member

I may have a unimount truck end that was on my 99 f-250 that I would sell . I will check if you would like . It may not be worth it with shipping from NY

Tim

11. aladdinta

aladdinta Junior Member

Let me know, how much would you want? there is one on ebay for 100 but 80 to ship. Im still not sure that I want ot put it on this truck but if the mount was cheap enough I would probably but it just in case.