1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount MVP lights kicking my butt. Need some help please.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Pitcher, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Pitcher

Pitcher Junior Member

So I bought an 01 Ram with a unimount MVP plow on it. Neither the lights or the plow worked when I bought it. I have the plow working now, along with the park lamps and turn signals.

However I am still having a problem getting the plow lights to work, and the truck lights to go off.

I think someone tried to fix them and had the wiring messed up. I think I have all 4 relays correct EXCEPT Pin 86

On the attached print I can't tell if the TAN / BROWN wire that goes to Pin 86 on all 4 relays should be coming from the parking lights or if it is coming from somewhere else. I am assuming this is the trigger on whether or not the plow is plugged in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Don

mvp.jpg

mvp.jpg

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

The black wire is pin 87 the brown is. 86

The black is your low beam the brown is parking light

3. Pitcher

Pitcher Junior Member

Correct. So the brown wire that goes to the bottom relay in the print, that then jumpers to 86 on the rest of relays (Tan) is all the parking light wire?

4. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

that's the way I read it,the black wire for low beam