1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount MVP intermittent issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by chad5.0, Feb 1, 2015.

1. chad5.0

chad5.0 Junior Member

The issue I am having is when I try to raise the plow the left wing will go back instead of raising the plow. Usually if I let off the button and push it again it will function properly. I have noticed that when it does this if I hold the button down and tap the controller on my steering wheel it will function the correct way. I am leaning towards the controller being the issue but sure do not want to drop that kind of money without knowing for sure that is the problem. Any other ideas? Thanks.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

That will be a problem with the S3 valve which is under the top valve cover, the center valve. it is activated through a light green wire all the way from the valve coil to the controller plug, white wire from controller plug to the controller.
    Since the MVP is a common + at the coils you can turn on the ignition (to power up the common +) and then ground out the light blue wire, at the controller plug, to bare metal ground with a jumper wire and then see if the coil is magnetized.
    I agree that it's probably the controller but might just be coincidence that it works after shaking the controller. Could be the controller plug, wire, main harness, grill connector, plow harness, valve coil, valve coil connection or even the valve. Try a different controller first and work from there.

Here is the mechanic's guide: http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/21857_061503_web.pdf

3. chad5.0

chad5.0 Junior Member

Thank you for the info, that will definitely help. I am hoping to find someone with one of these controllers, but unfortunately there are not many around me. I will figure it out one way or another.