1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount MVP help PLEASE...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Iowalawn, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

I just got a used Western 8 6 Unimount plow. I have 2 questions. #1 When i got it there was no lights on it. the wiring on the plow on the pass side has 9 wires. and on the left side there is just 5. What do you do? does all the light wires run to the pass side first then over the the left side(drivers)? then questions #2. In the Vee Position the out sides of the plow are off the ground...What do you do with that? is there any Adjustments? and if so Where... Thanks alot... Also what do you do to the middle shoe to keep it on? Any upgrades that work?

2. trmiller

trmiller Junior Member

#2 you should be able to park on a flat surface, put the plow in scoop, loosen the two bolts on each side of the rear a-frame, plow should sit flat, then retightn bolts. this should level it out!

3. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

This is a UNI MOUNT where are the bolt located? Thanks

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

There are no bolts to adjust it. 90% of the time in V position, the ends will be slightly off the ground. I for one never use V, but scoop more than anything. If your a-frame is level (which is a necessity when running a V), scoop and angled both ways should be flat. If one side is higher than the other, the a frame is bent. It's usually easy to tell on a used plow if one cutting edge is shorter than the other.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

And yes, the wires are correct. One side feeds the other (headlight and parks + ground for each).

6. Iowalawn

Iowalawn Member
    from Iowa

Thanks alot for the help... I was looking at the plow Have you ever done anything to the center flap? What is the best this to use? Pics would be great if you got any... Thanks Alot

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The center flap is available as a set with the mounting brackets and bolts, or just the flap itself. The kit is pricey (over$100), but namely b/c it uses the brackets as wear edges to slow down wear on the rubber. I'll see if I can find part #'s.

Edit: Here ya go!!

63508-flap
    62636-kit

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/62640_040504.pdf

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  8. trmiller

trmiller Junior Member

part # 62636 is the center flap kit