1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount link arm question

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dr_destructo, Nov 17, 2010.

1. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

I just bought a used Unimount and its missing the link arms. I've been searching and there are 2 different styles. Will both work? There is the simple strap type and then there is 1 that has a spring loaded pin and some extra parts welded on. I can make the simple straps, just want to make sure there is not a reason for the "new" style.

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Hey, it's me that sold you the mount. One's just a newer design, but they both work the same. Think I just got a text from you. Good luck!

3. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

Think I'll just have my buddy whip up some flat 1's @ his shop tomorrow and call it done. Not even sure I understand what the spring is for on the new style.

4. Nestech

Nestech Senior Member

The spring just hold the tabs out so it is a little easier to hook up when you pull the tower back. Either style will work fine.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

There's actually a 3rd style too that are shorter. Some of the earlier mounts had them. Be sure you get/make the proper length.

6. dr_destructo

dr_destructo Member
    from Indiana

I'm assuming(yes I know what happens) that I need to push the lift frame up until vertical and then measure the distance between the holes where the link arms go. Looks like all the ones I have seen are 5-1/2" center-center.