1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UniMount Lights are DIM

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jersey Joe, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Junior Member
    from NJ

Hello...I have a UniMount on a 1991 Toyota PU. When I turn the headlights on, the truck headlights come on and so do the plow lights. The plow lights are VERY dim and also the blinkers(on the plow lights) do not work. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--JJ

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure your headlight harness is getting ground, bk with orange wire. If its ok,check your relays, see if there getting the proper pwr and gnds when they should be. The blinkers on the plow,,see if the bulbs are ok in the plow, could be the sockets are corroded bad and need to be cleaned. or the wires from your trucks turn signal to plow side harness could have bad connectors. hope this helps

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I'm guessing that since your vehicle lights are coming in that you've miswired something. I don't have a unimount plow, but every plow that I've heard of that has headlights on the headgear should disable the vehicle headlights when its hooked up properly.

You've got too much draw and not enough juice to run all 4 headlights. Could be dangerous if the wiring overheats and melts the insulator.

Check all your connections, you've got a wiring problem I bet.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad ground.