1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount lights and F-150

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by purplehavoc, Nov 24, 2009.

1. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Hey guys
    Getting my unimount installed on my 03 f-150.Not sure what my plow was mounted on before i got it.
    Question is what is my best solution to wire up my lights?Should i try and get the right
    harness (truck has DRL's) and isolation module if needed,or should i just wire them up to a 3 postion switch?
    Will it hurt having the truck and plow lights on at the same time?
    Going to change the current plow lights out next season if it matters.
    Thanks

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

That's how I would do it. I seldom run anything but the parking lights when I'm plowing, but the extra light can be nice when driving into town on the back country roads!

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Unless your familiar with the electrical systems on these newer trucks, spend the $$ and do it the right way.

4. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Are you still able to purchase the harness through Western?or is the dealer here
    just being a tool.
    Haven't come across much for used harness's for these fords.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

dealer is being a tool

6. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Will headlamp cross harness 61591 work for my truck?
    Can i make my current relay system work with this truck,or do i need the iso. module.(3 port) i think?

Also can anyone tell me if i need the turn/marker kit on my truck?
    Sorry for a hundred question's,just want use what i have if possible.
    Thanks

7. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

61591 I believe will work with THE HB5 headlights on your F-150, I am not sure what the plow came off of but the mating hydraulic harness for this is #61437 - 9 pin harness and I am not sure it will work with the 66610 - 12 pin harness. this kit only comes with the harness so you will need to supply the relays. The 61591 harness list price is $52.28 and the relays are about $10.00 each. All still available from western so no you do not need to go ISO module. As far as turn/mark goes they will hook up with the 61591 harness.

8. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Plow came with the 61437 9 pin harness,so i should just have to order the
    61591 cross harness.As this was the only piece of wiring that was missing as far
    as i can tell.
    I was told my plow came off an older ford,but don't know anything else.
    Do i have to do anything or worry about the DRL's on the truck,or just plug and play?
    Thanks

9. 33yearsinsnow

33yearsinsnow Senior Member
    from ohio

61591 plus relays. Follow the instructions and you should be good. You may not have DRL's on your plow lights

10. purplehavoc

purplehavoc Member

Thanks for your help.
    Not worried about having DRL's on the plow.Don't leave it on the truck much anyway.
    Just wanted to make sure the truck and plow lights will function as they should.