1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Light Problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jmurphy5, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jmurphy5

jmurphy5 Junior Member

I bought a used unimount straight plow and connected it to my 1999 Chevy Silverado 2500. The hydraulics and turn signals work properly but the headlights/high beams/parking lights only switch over to the plow when the hydraulics are engaged (when the plow is raised or moved side to side they switch over). Any ideas where I may have went wrong with the wiring?
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

sounds like the relays are wired wrong
  3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Check the brown wire that goes to the driver side parking light. There are two relays. make sure you have them wired right, or check for any broken wires. Make sure the black/orange (ground) wire is secure on the solenoid small post

This should be your wiring schematic
    9pin wiring.jpg

9pin wiring.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  4. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

V Plows are for guys who don't know how to plow"
  5. jmurphy5

jmurphy5 Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. When I was rechecking the wiring I noticed that when I was reattaching wires to the motor relay I put the red wires that go to the fuse holders on the harness side instead of the battery side. Once I switched it around the lights worked perfectly.
  6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Glad your plow is up n running

Safe plowing