1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Light problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Kelsey, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

The lights are original for the plow it's a ultra mount but has two plug system. here's the problem with everything hooked up the truck lights work fine wen you plug the plow in they go off but the plow lights don't come on. If i unhook the parking lights (brown wire) and switch the wire's by hand on the relay then everything works fine. Not sure what to try?

2. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

it mite help to tell you that the truck it's on is a 2000 superduty.

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

9 or 12 pin (count the pins on the plow side)? Straight plow?

DRL??

The brown wire sends power to the relays when you turn the headlight switch on.

Unhook the "brown" wire from where the relay or the parking light itself??

Have you check the "black/orange" (black/orange is part of the grounds)wire to see if it is broken, or not making good contact?

Have you check all grounds?

Check the grill connector for any dirt or loose pins?

I know this might be a lot of question. Just in case we have to look at a wiring diagram the info is correct

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  4. mxz

mxz Junior Member

I am having a similar but different problem. I thought i finally got everything straightened out on a 95 diesel suburban that I put a unimount on w/ a 9 pin plug. Today I unhooked the plow and the truck headlights do not come on. The plow lights work fine but the parking lights on the plow are not coming on either when its hooked up. any ideas?

5. twinman326

check for a bad wire or wires on the relays

6. mxz

mxz Junior Member

could the purple turn signal wire not being connected cause it?

7. twinman326

The brown (parking lights)wire feed power to the relays. U might have a bad relay..Or there is a break in the wire, or corrosion on the terminals

Purple wire is for the turn signals..It should be tie into the turn signal

8. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

its a 9 pin strait blade grounds are good every thing works except the plow head light when the parking lights (brown wire) are hooked up doesn't matter were the wires are on the relays. unhook the brown wire and every thing works fine you just have to switch the wires by hand and I don't have parking lights on the plow. and yes the turn signals work fine all the time.

9. twinman326

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010