1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount light ground is open

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wahlturfcare, Nov 30, 2010.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i have a 93 f350 with a )9 pin) unimount and have lost the headlights on the plow side. as of right now, the truck lights stay on on both high and low.
    per the western trouble shooting guide, i have power on the low beam relay for #'s 30(yellow),87a(orange), and power at the orange and red wires on the trucks headlight plugs. it says i have a open wire in the plug-in harness on the truck side. How hard are they to fix?
    Can i just crimp a ground wire from the negative side of the batter or frame of truck to that wire?

Also, on the high beam relay, i have no power to the #30(green) or #87a(red).

I have switch blades this year and the other one worked last year but would shut off and flick back to the truck side last year every now and then.
    high beams also didnt work last year either.