1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount lift trouble

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Jay brown, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

I have a wester unimount that was new in 2002. It will not lift the plow up when pushed into a snow pile. Any suggestions? Would the pump be weak? Thanks, Jason

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

weak pump is very possible. will the plow lift with someone sitting on the blade? if not the pump is weak.

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i will check in the morning...thanks

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

also check your fluid level

5. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I fixed one recently that had some gunk in the channel between the pump outlet and the valve body inlet. It only seemed to effect the up because that is the only function that needs full pressure. Before you spend money on a new pump I suggest doing a pump pressure test. It may be a valve problem so I would hate to see you spend money on the wrong thing.

I am not sure what kind of plow you have exactly so I can't give you specifics. Give us a better description of the plow and we can show you some pictures and specific tests.