1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount lift problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Drottlawn, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

My buddies plow will lift, but you can hear the pump pressure bypassing once it get 3/4 the way up. I can hold down the plow with one hand. I also noticed I can not press the lift cylinder down when it is in float.
    I have played with the quill, and it changes the lift speed and drop, but the problem does not go away. I looked up on western about this problem and it says quill set wrong (checked) and it also could be the packing being dry or two tight. Does this sound like the problem you western guru's???
    Open to any suggestions!

It does turn side to side with no issues at all while sitting on dry pavement and me pushing against it. :confused:
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Have you check the fluid level?

You might have a clog filter.You would have to drain the system to check the filter.. Follow diagram #1, n #2

Here is some info, plus the mechanic's guide

Diagram #1

Diagram #2

Pdf. You will need this just in case you ahve to do other testing.

As for the "Quill", you will need to re-adjust the drop so it "will not drop" too fast. Also you might have a problem with the "O" rings between the Valve Manifold Block, and the Pump housing..This is just some of the items..Just could be a fluid change and cleaning the filter attach to the pump, or the pump itself..Follow the procedures.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009