1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Lift Problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fordaholic72, Dec 1, 2006.

1. fordaholic72

fordaholic72 Junior Member

I have a Unimount plow that I bought used in January 06. I have not used the plow at all until today. I hooked it all up this spring and it worked great. I now have a problem with the blade not lifting correctly. It seems to try to angle left when I try to lift it. It will lift some, but it will not lift all the way like it did when I had it on the truck this spring. I have looked at the maintenance guide on Westerns website and the nearest I can figure from that is it is a quill adjustment problem or a problem with the controller. The motor runs in all positions on the control and it angles great. Just the lift problem and trying to angle left while lifting. What do you guys think? Is it the quill adjustment or the control or something else? Trying to find out where to start.

Thanks

Steve

2. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

you need to clean out the 2w valve. upper right valve with white wire.

3. fordaholic72

fordaholic72 Junior Member

I had all of the valves out, but I wasn't sure what to look for. I was looking at the hydraylic schematics and kind of figured it was in there somewhere. What is the best way to clean it and is there a way to make sure it is going to work or not before I put it back together? I guess I'll pull it apart again tomorrow morning.

Thanks

Steve