1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Lift Arm Cracked

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dogplow Dodge, May 19, 2015.

1. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Got a call today from my powder coating company, whom I dropped off some more of my unimounts parts to. After sandblasting, my Unimount's lift arm, they found a crack at the bottom of the hole which attaches to the upper lift frame. I haven't seen it yet, and I intend on picking it up tomorrow.

Anyone else have this issue ?

Western's part is #49277, but I believe that the one I have is an aftermarket part, and not an original Western part.

Curious.....

2. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Not one to throw stuff away..

Since it was cracked, I decided to repair it and save it as a spare, should the new one I bought cracks.

Then I had it powder coated.

Nice eh ?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yea, that looks sweet. and yes, that is a spot that there's not too much meat below the hole, so they do wear through somtimes.

4. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

I figured so, after I got the new one and put it next to the old cracked one. I figured welding then welding a double plating to it would help out, but I guess I won't know until I break the new one....

[​IMG]