1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount leaking

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowplowpro, Jan 23, 2014.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

my unimount is leaking from somewere and I cant seem to find the leak
    I angled it a couple times and its not visible why would it leak if the hoses seem fine and it worked all night and day till the last house it started screaming for oil . so when I got home I filled it up angled it and cant find anything but the a frame is wet from oil .

:confused:

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

There's an option ring on the bottom of the housing maybe split

3. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

Aside from something cracked, it can only leak from:

- the hoses/fittings
    - gasket at motor
    - 3 O-rings at manifold
    - lift pump seal
    - bottom retainer (two bolts fasten the retainer under the reservoir...lift pump actually, with one o-ring sandwiched inbetween.

4. snowplowpro

from NJ

if I replace that bottom retainer with two bolts and seal do I need to drain the pump then refill it.

5. johnhenry1933

johnhenry1933 Senior Member

Unless you're really quick.

Not the pump, but the reservoir would be drained.

6. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

so no visible leaks on the pump, but if the level is low enough where it is starved for fluid, then thats a pretty good leak and its got to be going somewhere....

did you check the angling pistons?

7. snowplowpro

from NJ

well I changed the bottom seal and base I filled it im gonna go outside tomorrow morning and keep running it to see if it leaks so far when I filled it it wasn't leaking from the bottom base but I got a little air in the system now I got to work it out and see what happens ill keep you posted.