1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UniMount Leaking, at manifold?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Seabee15, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Seabee15

Seabee15 Member

Well just bought a Unimount 7'6 (used) about a 6weeks ago. Everything looked great, operated pretty good too. Well, 3 days ago I notice a little fluid leaking, enough to make a 4" mark on the pavment, tonight I looked at the plow and there is a 6-7" mark on the pavement. I checked to see where it could be coming from, and it looks like the valve manifold. There was a drip ready to drop on the bottom of the valve manifold..

My question, whats the first thing to check? Whats the most probable cause?

Thank you!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pull the valve cover off and look around the valves for any leakage. If it all looks dry in there then it's likely leaking from between the valve block and the main housing, there's a few O-rings that will occasionally fail thus causing a leak. Wouldn't hurt to check the valve body attaching screws if you find the leak is between the block and main housing before changing the O-rings. See a few with those screws loose from time to time.

3. Seabee15

Seabee15 Member

Thanks B&B, i took it to the shop and sure as hell, salt and a little corrosion dried up everything and the o rings were toast. not to mention the the bolts holding it on were in rough shape. So a little time, sand paper, anti-seize, new bolts and some new fluid, we were rollin again....

That western fluid is awesome by the way......

4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

where do i get these o rings at?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Any good Western dealer. P/n's are 56274 and 25730. You'll need two of the 25730 of course.

6. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

thanks for your help!