1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount leak between housing and selonoid...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DAVE IN BUFFALO, Jan 4, 2011.

1. DAVE IN BUFFALO

DAVE IN BUFFALO Junior Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find instructions on how to change o rings?

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Remove the two or three bolts that hold the block to the housing, removing the block and you'll see the o rings. Nuthin to it.

3. DAVE IN BUFFALO

I know this sounds crazy, but I dont see any bolts holding the block on....I see a couple little set screws and the back of the block has like a plastic cover...What am i missing? Thank you in advance...I was looking for a pic...

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

On the side where the hoses are connected there are three bolts that hold the valve body on.

5. DAVE IN BUFFALO

Sorry...I drove up to the shop to look again....The bolts blended in ..the bolt heads were also red....It appears to only have 2 bolts...Is this possible...the Plow is 8 years old . Please advise...Again Thank you

6. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

There should be three. Maybe your missing one? One is between the hoses.

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

partA.jpg

partB.jpg

after you put in the new "O" rings, DO NOT over tighten the bolts.:mechanic:

You should have three bolts..If you only have two, that might be your problem

partA.jpg

partB.jpg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011