1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount install on 2000 F-250...couple of questions!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PWRSTRKE, Jan 2, 2010.

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

First off...I would like to say Hello and I am new here! Site looks great and very helpful!

I was just wondering if anyone had done an install on a 2000ish super duty to let me know what I am expecting for time...I am finally getting around to doing it (too many other projects) but do not want to down the truck if I dont have too. Thanks in advance!
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you should expect 4 hrs for the mount and 2ish for the harness. you will need a good drill and some 1/2" bits. when you put the rear thrust arms on, use a floor jack and a piece of wood to push them up against the frame.

a challenging mount for sure. take your time and just put it on.

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

Thanks alot! really appreciate it! might start tackling this tommorow night and finishing monday morning...if it ever stops snowing, thanks again
  4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

With those mounts specifically, make sure you leave all of the bolts loose till its all assembled. This is the case with anything, but if you don't, those thrust arms will be a serious PIA. Also it's one mount that requires removing the front bumper, but you probably already knew that. Bolt/nut bars make a world of difference on those too.

Agreed on the good 1/2" bit, a good reamer comes in handy too.

PWRSTRKE Junior Member

Ya I have all the alignment stuff and everything. The wiring is pretty straight forward? Maybe I will get it all torn down tommorow and grab my 1/2 air drill from work monday and finish tues morning. The backup truck is not going to be used to all of this running aroundprsport