1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Help Please

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 02F250, Dec 23, 2012.

1. 02F250

02F250 Junior Member

I am new to this forum, and looking for some advice. All of the plow service businesses in the area are backed up due to our first snow here in Rochester, NY area. My western unimount used to have a problem keeping pressure in the up position, and would go down on its own. I repaired this problem by replacing the 2way valve. New problem now...When i put the plow up, it goes left as it goes up. If the plow is all the way up, and I press up, it moves left slowly. Also, while plowing, the plow moves left to right as it pleases, very annoying. If the plow is up, i can pull/push the plow side to side...am i supposed to be able to do that? Is it another valve? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as a new storm is developing and set to come to town later this week. Thank you!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well no.not normal at all. The left and right could be the crossover valve or the relief valves. The lift and going to left kinda sounds like your energizing coils by accident