1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Headlights not working

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GSS LLC, Nov 1, 2012.

1. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

alright, i purchased a unimount with wiring harness for an 80s chevy. everything plugged up and the plow moves fine. but i have no plow headlights. I am having trouble finding the right diagram for my truck, it is a 1980 chevy 1/2 ton with the round headlights.

if needed, i would just run them direct to the battery via a switch and relay, but i would like them to work with the western wiring.

red, blue and orange wires go to the headlights

on the relays,
    red and green wire have power, brown, black, white have no power on one relay

on the other relay there is a yellow, black/yellow,orange, and brown wire going to it, none have power.

the red and blue wires at the headlight plugs have power and i grounded the orange wires with a quick splice to ensure a good ground.

2. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

made it work. for future searchers, i ran a keyed on power wire to the brown wire. so when the key is on the relays are activated. and when you turn the truck headlight switch on, the plow lights come on.