1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Headlights Not Working(HELP!!!)

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by diggermcw, Dec 2, 2006.

1. diggermcw

diggermcw Junior Member

I have an older unimount with a 9 pin harness. When I plug in the connector the parking lights/turn signals work as they should, but, the Truck Headlights stay on and plow lights will not work. Replaced both Relays today and still no plow lights. Good start to the day... Solenoid also started sticking later in the day. Could this be related???

2. jcesar

jcesar Senior Member
    from Mi

Not sure that the solonoid is related to the lights not working, but I could be wrong. Did you check to see if there is corrosion in the plug? Maybe one of the inner pins are broke. I had that happen to me on my unimount. Western needs to beef up the wiring plugs, Like Boss does. Quick fix for that was to get a plug setup for trailers. Works fine, and no small pins to break!

3. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

check your ground

check your ground for the relays it is a black and orange wire that would also run to the motor relay. that could be the problem for both, but probably not. your power comes from the brown wires that piggy backs with the parking lamp.:drinkup:

4. head lights

the only trouble ive had is with the 9 pin plug ! i canr find brushes small enuff to clean them! jump each wire on the plug bet thats the problem!!