1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount harness ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PTTP08, Nov 2, 2011.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I have an older unimount. I just replace the fluid and cleaned out the tank and all that Jazz I raised the plow and than lowered the plow and nothing happend. So I shook the harness and plow dropped. The next step was I cleaned the plugs with battery cleaner and greased sockets the problem was solved. My question is this how often should the harness (both truck side and plow side) be replaced? I spoke to one guy and he said I replace mine every year. That sounds a lil extreme to me. I plow 6 hours every snow event so the plow doesnt get used all that much and I take good care of it. Any thoughts on this? Thanks again for all your help.
  2. Plowman52

Plowman52 Senior Member
    from Flint

that seems like alot... as long as you cover the plugs when your not useing them and keep grease in them you should be fine... i have a harness in one of my trucks thats 12 years old i just clean it out every year and never keep it out when im not useing it.