1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount goes up slow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tattooedplower, Nov 22, 2008.

1. tattooedplower

tattooedplower Member

Hey guys my 7'6" unimount kinda lags and then it will go up. It almost acts like it's not going to raise-which scares me-and then it goes up but not nearly as fast as my other blades. No one around me services westerns, they are all suppliers of other types and have given me general plow help but I need the exact answer. If you can help it would be great.
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

check westerns site at the top of the page publications.check pressure, available voltage to the motor ,amp draw , grounds .
  3. bypassmod

bypassmod Junior Member

the best way to diagnose is put a pressure gauge on the pump to see what the pressure is, one problem is if the o-ring under the pump is blownout riped or missing there should be one
  4. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

If all other functiuons work normally then I would think the pressure and pump in general are fine. I would then look at the packing nut to see if it is too tight. Also check if the quill is adjusted in too far, or possibly try another controller to rule it out.