1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Frame for S-10 ZR5

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by river6822, Sep 9, 2008.

1. river6822

river6822 Junior Member

I currently have a 7'2" Unimount plow mounted to an 88 Jeep Cherokee. The plow's in great shape but the Jeep is not. I want to buy a pick up and transfer the plow over to it. My big problem is finding a pick up that this plow will fit properly. I have no problem buying a new frame, but Western doesn't make unimount frames any longer.

Ultimately I'd like to buy a ZR5 (S-10 Crew Cab) and mount this plow to it.

Is this realistic?

Thanks

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

If i remember right, western didnt make any mounts for the ZR5.

3. river6822

river6822 Junior Member

:( No ZR5

The only response I get from them is that the Unimount is discontinued. I can buy an ultramount frame if one exists for the truck I want to buy, and use a conversion kit to attach the unimount, but that's going to be over $2000. That sound expensive to me. I was expecting to get this whol thing switched over for 1/2 that.

How much different are the frames? Is it just a matter of using the lower prostion of the frame and mocking up some 1/4" steel brackets to attach to the frame?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The ZR5's are the same as a standard issue S10, that Western did make a mount for of course.

It's the ZR2's that use a different (2" wider) front frame section. So search around for a used Uni for an S10 and it'll fit your ZR5.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Sorry about that, case of brain fade.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Many people think "ZR2" when they hear "ZR5" since they're a similar designation...makes it easy to get off track. I've done it myself. :)