1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount for S10?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mean4x4, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Mean4x4

Mean4x4 Senior Member
    from Livonia

Hi, I'm new to the board, Does western make a Unimount for an S10? 1994 4x4 4.3 V6
    If there's not a unimount avail for an S10,
    Does anyone have any recommendations on what to install on that truck?
    and where I can find it?
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Meyer and Fisher both make mounts for that truck.

Not sure about Western. Check their website or PM Garagekeeper on this site.
  3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

I have a 1994 Jimmy with a Western uni-mount plow on it. So, I know they made them for this truck, however, I don't know where to get one. Have you tried your local Western dealer.

Chuck B.
  4. DanG

DanG Senior Member

Yes they make them,
    Both western and Fisher have them listed.
    I saw the "new" western one at mt dealer for the 1997 and up s-10's and it's very light weight and looks a lot lighter duty then the ones they made for the earlier 90's model trucks.

5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

You also could put a Sno-Way plow on your S-10. Alan have a couple of them with 8' Sno-Way plows. Because the plow is lightweight, he is able to get a bigger plow. But bigger is not always better. What if you have alot of snow to plow. The longer the plow, the more snow the plow will push. So its something to think about if you are considering Sno-Way.