1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount dropping slowly

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Brandon, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Brandon

Brandon Member

I have a 6'6" Unimount....long story short...last year blade dropped quickly. Changed fluid this year and the plow drops really slow. Angles and lifts quickly though. Any ideas? For some reason I can't get into the Western publications to look it up.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Try loosening the packing nut at the top of the lift cylinder.About a turn or so,then see if it speeds up the drop.Sometimes when these pumps set for a long time the packing O-rings get dried out and with you light 6.6 blade it's not heavy enough to overcome the friction of the dry packing O-rings and will result in the slow drop.If that doesnt help much try turning the "quill" out a 1/2 turn.The quill is the screw that set's your drop speed.It's located on the top of the valve block on the driver side of the pump,it take's a sraight blade screwdriver.

3. Brandon

Brandon Member

I think that took care of my problem B&B....thanks for the help.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear you got'er fixed!