1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount Control

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mikeitu7, Dec 7, 2010.

1. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

I have a handheld control that will not work on a truck, it will not turn on. But if I use a joystick control on that same truck it will work. I tried the handheld on another truck and it does work. Any ideas?

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

The wire configuration on the hand held might be different from the joystick

3. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Do you have the plow connected ? Early revision (1-9) control harness' do not have a ground to the controller until the plow is connected like the later(10-up) harness' do.

On your motor solenoid uder the hood there should be 2 smaller wires connected to it , a blk/org and a brn/red , there should be a ground running from the blk/org wire to the negative of the batery if it is a later revision harness , if this ground is not there you can easily add one to make your harness function like a later one and youd handheld function properly.

HTH

TOM

4. mikeitu7

mikeitu7 Senior Member
    from Palos

Thanks for your help, turns out the driver changed the solenoid and didn't hook up the orange and black back to the solenoid. Now it works fine. I just thought it must be something else since with a joystick control it would work fine and the handheld wouldn't turn on.

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck, and safe plowing