1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount control box issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by robber27, Feb 1, 2013.

1. robber27

robber27 Member
    from NE Iowa

i have a 9 pin unimount strait blade. the "lower" position keeps burning up. my 3rd box burned up a day ago so i angerly tore the box apart and pushed directly on the buttons. it goes up, left and right just fine but would not lower. i flipped the circuitbord over, jumped the pins with a pocket knife and it dropps.the clicker switch is bad. so rite now im at a loss, could i have a bad ground. is something messed up on the harness? (mine is wired directly into truck) what might cause this?any help would be appreciated thanks rob

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A dying S1 coil is what usually takes the lower/float function out of the controllers. Second would be a "slight" short to ground on the white/yellow wire. But more than likely it's a shorted S1 pulling too much amperage.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Pull.the pwr wire off that s1 coil....install fuse inline with the pwr wire and coil. Install wire back. I would use a 5 amp or less fuse. Press lower and see what happens

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

If the problem was a B&B describe, then I would believe there is a short to ground. I would check the controller harness to see if there is any wires shafting (scraping) where it goes through the fire wall in between the cab and engine compartment. The protected casing around the wires might be damage because it was rubbing against the metal. Also check the grill connection as well..

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013