1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount compatibility between 89 and 95 Fords

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by timberjack, Oct 25, 2004.

1. timberjack

timberjack Member

Evening, i've been a member here for years, but never had anything to ask or add, until now.

I just bought a 95 F250 to replace the old 89 F350 i have been using to plow. I have been looking at mounting the Western unimount onto the "new" truck, but from my research they used different mounts. At least that is what it seems to be on the Western parts list.

I can see the 95 has boxed frame rails at the front, whereas the 89 was a channel frame with a capped end. What am i looking at for using my old unimount? Is it reasonable to do some welding and fabricating to make it work, or too much trouble to bother? Anyone have a proper unimount for a 95 they want to unload? Preferably near Duluth, MN??

Thanks for any help or tips
    Ken

2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I have an old unimount in my garage that came of a 96 f250.
    I also have a buddy that just bought a house in Duluth.
    We get something set up maybe I can get them shipped up to you for free.

Send me a PM if you are interested.
    Then I can check to make sure I have all the correct parts.

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Sorry some bad news.

I was looking at the mount that I have and it's not the one from the 96 that I have in my garage.

I forgot that I sold that one a couple of years ago.
    The one in my garage is off my 01 F350.