1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount bracket ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PTTP08, Jan 7, 2011.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I am looking at buying a 09 super duty did they make a uni-mount bracket for a truck this new? I have a extra unimount plow I would like to hook up to this truck. What are my options?

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Ultramount with adapter. That would be my preference anyway, as it provides additional flexibility.

3. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

you will have to do what jonny u said. Put the ultramount mount on and buy the adapter for the unimount. You will also have to ghange the plow side wiring to make it a 3 plug setup as they don't offer a wiring harness for that truck without going to a isolation module. Which means you will have 3 plugs, power, plow fuctions, and lights. The unimount will olny have two, power and plow functions/lights.

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

You could still run the relay wiring with a toggle switch for the plow lights.