1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount bracket for Toyota Tacoma

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by paynter2, Dec 21, 2005.

1. paynter2

paynter2 Member

I have a 6.5' Western Unimount that I want to put on my 2003 Tacoma. I bought it used and need the mounting bracket. I hate to go to a dealer and buy it new (It's a guy thing - ya know?)... I've been looking for almost two years (web sites, ebay, local ad papers, etc.) without luck. Do you ever see such an animal? Do you think I should just bite the bullit and go to a dealer?

I'm really in no hurry. I have a 1975 CJ5 with a 6.5' Meyers on it. It works great. But, it's rusty and getting pretty old. The Toyota has 2.5 years of warranty left - then I'm gonna switch. Do you think i should keek looking?

Thanks...

2. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

western part# 62370

i have one new in box. 847-459-6363 :)

3. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

i'd go for it Paynter2...

Just a thought that the 6 1/2 foot blade (part # 60120) has been discontinued and the Tacoma mount (part # 62370) is also probably discontinued. Two years from now it might be impossible to find new or used and with fuel prices going up finding mounts for smaller stuff is gonna be tougher... And IMHO you can't beat a old style high moldboard blade on a Taco/Jeep for the small stuff...

4. paynter2

paynter2 Member

#1 - I tried to PM you but my profile won't allow it. I don't understand why, but I contacted the board manager...

Please try to contact me - either with PM or email. I'd like to discuss this with you. Thanks... bob

payner2@yahoo.com

5. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

Just an fyi painter2 - the taco takes a #61550 lamp kit and a #61555 truckside harness... the jeep/univ 2 headlight would have been 61540 and 61545...

6. paynter2

paynter2 Member

Thanks Sixspeed - the plow came with the lights and a harness. I believe the harness fits an S10 (as does the mount). I'm thinking I can adapt the harness - what do you think? But, I want a factory mount.

7. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

It should certainly be doable. I know I have the western schematics and the electrical install instructions for the Taco and I have some of them for the GM's.... If it helps you on your end. I could fax you some of it sometime if you want... And western has pdf's on their web site of a lot of the wiring stuff.

Rob.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  8. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

how many pins does your plow light plug have, 9 or 12 pins?

if the plug has 9 it will not work, nor will the truckside harness.

9. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

62370 mount box has 12 pin schematic

Paynter1, the 62370 mount box will have the install instructions INCLUDING the 12 pin harness install/schematic... #1 plowtech is right you might be better off in the long run selling your harness and light kit and buying the right one...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  10. paynter2

paynter2 Member

I'm at work today and will be home tonight - I work 3 days a week in the city and get home late Thursday night. I'll look tomorrow to see which connector (number of pins) are on the unimount that I have.

I don't understand the 'light kit' deal. Is this a separate wiring harness from the plow function? I'll have to look at what I have and then get back to you guys...

11. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

The headlight "kit" wiring and the pump solenoid wiring is all one harness on the plow itself.... The other plug/wire is the 12v main feed from the battery/relay to the pump motor (2 big wires)...

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005