1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UniMount Blade Skipping

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Wondermutt, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Wondermutt

Wondermutt Junior Member
    from Idaho

Might be a dumb question, but on our older uni-mount when plowing our hardpack driveway, it looks as if the plow may be skipping. What I mean is that when you look at the plowed surface, there are lines from left to right the entire length of the blade about 10" equally spaced for some distance. Its not like that everywhere, but only in certain areas. Any ideas what is causing this?

I watched the blade and from the cab of the truck, it does not look like its moving, but I could be missing it.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Maybe that your trip springs are loose or that your blade pivot pin is very worn and sloppy. Either of these things could allow a resonating vibration that would leave such marks. Try putting a bit more tension on trip spring adjusters.