1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Unimount applications

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rmixer, Dec 23, 2008.

1. rmixer

rmixer Junior Member

I have a 89 f 250 with a 8.5 western on a unimount. I know that the bracket will work up to 91, the there is a bracket from 92-99 available. Here is the question, I need to replace this truck and am looking at several options but I would like to have an idea of what years the brackets are the same for Chevy and Dodge. The thinking is if I buy a earlier model now in say Dodge or Chev, how late will the brackets be good for? I am sure there is a place I can get this information, but I have not found it yet and finally came across this site today. I don't plow much, just the church parking lot and my father-in-laws farm.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Unimount vehicle specific mount applications

Be forewarned, the Uni's are and have been obsolete for a few years now so new mounts are hard to find. Often ends up being a treasure hunt. Also if you purchase a truck that never even had a Uni application you'll be forced to purchase an Ultra style mount and then buy an Ultra-to-Uni conversion kit...which equals more $$$.
  3. rmixer

rmixer Junior Member

I finally found what I was looking for on the Western site. And you are right the uni's are hard to find, but I did find a snowplow salvage yard that has several available, the issue now is finding a truck that I don't have to give up an arm and a leg for. I have been searching craigslist, and all the auto sites. It is fun much, but not much.
  4. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Can you give some more info on the snowplow salvage yard?
  5. rmixer

rmixer Junior Member

Snow Plow Salvage

The individuals name is Dan Brooks - 763-559-4122.

He works from his home and sells on Craigslist out of Minneapolis a lot.