1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

unimount angles when shouild lift

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jrbully, Dec 29, 2010.

1. jrbully

jrbully Junior Member
    from iowa

Help needed. Unimount with joy stick angled to the drivers side when I try to lift it. Plow angles left and right correctly. Any one know where I should start?? Help is much appreciated.

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Check the poppet valve to make sure it is moving freely and check inside the chamber to back sure there nothing inside blocking the hole.

Also check the S2 and S3 valves, just to make sure she is spooling (movement up and down)
    popsvalve.jpg

SSSS valves.jpg

popsvalve.jpg

SSSS valves.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  3. jrbully

jrbully Junior Member
    from iowa

Thanks! Your answer jives with my research. I really appreciate it. Can the coil be bad?

4. twinman326

To do a coil check, do the "magnet" test........Have someone move the controller. Using a screw driver , have the person move the stick to the left, the screw driver should magnetize to the valve stem (were the coil attach to). If the screw driver stick to the coil, then then coil it ok.. If it doesn't then there might be a problem...

In you case, you plow moves to the left (driver side), so I would say there nothing wrong with the coil...

Just keep in mind, the poppet valve boss plug can be a pain in the butt to get out..Rust builds up around the threads making it hard to get out, and strip out the allen key slot (if it has one)..Sometimes you can tap the plug itself and it might break the rust loose (not hard because you WILL crack the casing). Everyone has their own ideas on how to get the out.. I had to repair mine, and I use a propane torch to heat around the "boss plug" area (just to warm the area.Not cooking the area), letting it cool, then remove the plug without damaging the o-ring.

LIKE I said before, everyone does it different..

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  5. jrbully

jrbully Junior Member
    from iowa

Thanks again! I am going to start where I spliced in new plugs. If I have juice I will move the the wiring in coil and the ciol test/valves. Thanks again.
    jr

6. twinman326

Read post #4

7. jrbully

jrbully Junior Member
    from iowa

#2 valve had a small shaving lodged in one of the ports. It kept the valve from moving freely.

8. twinman326

Look inside the pump housing to make sure the pump is not sucking up any more shavings. U might want to flush the system complete and change the oil to the "blue" hydraulic fluid, and clean the suction filter..

That not a good sign.........